Monday, April 1, 2013

Late Night Lunacy

I vaguely remember all the Team Coco drama from a few years ago. It did make me wonder who even watches late night talk shows anymore. Apparently, however, people still care about them. Honestly, for me, it's one of those things that, if I see it, I might watch it. I've been known to watch Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Chelsea Handler, and Graham Norton (who I confess is my favorite) if I happen to catch them. I've seen snippets of the programs, and they can be fairly amusing, but most of the time all you get is some okay jokes and celebrities showing up to pimp out their newest projects. That doesn't scream riveting, must-watch TV to me (although Stewart and Colbert have a more unique, amusing format that I would hesitate to call a late night talk show). The impression I get of Jay Leno is that he's something of a tool (and I'm sorry, Jaywalking is not funny. How does seeing the stupid people in real life not fill people with a sense of dread and shame for the human race? This is why I don't watch reality TV), but it's not like I've seen enough to really know. At least Conan has this hipness about him, a spark. Wouldn't it be kinda funny if this alleged retirement turned into another battle for this deteriorating program and Jay Leno was actually just a gigantic troll and/or often pretends to retire to reclaim some shred of relevancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment